Geocomp Update for Terramodel
A better, faster way to use Terramodel
Geocomp Update N extends what you can do with Terramodel 10.61 and helps you do the the old things better and faster with tools for:
What’s new in Geocomp Update N?
Geocomp Update N for Terramodel 10.61 was released by email and www in January 2021.
New and improved features since Geocomp Update M include:
- Toggling labels automatically adjusts the view scale so numbers, elevations and names of points are displayed at a legible size.
- Both Colour and Color commands are enabled for any installation language
- New DeadSets command shows and creates “dead” regions where contours are suppressed.
- New DRNVolms command computes volumes of drainage ponds.
- New GCAreas commmand reports areas, lengths and volumes by regions and layer list.
- New Heatmap command quickly colours by cut and fill depths
- New TriSwap command swaps adjacent DTM triangles.
- New GridPlan command easily transforms between geodetic and ground-based coordinate systems.
- ShowDir command uses a new linetype to quickly display the direction, start and end of plines and sets.
- Geocomp keystroke macros have been reintroduced.
Installing Geocomp Update N
If you already have installed Terramodel 10.61, and your membership is paid up to 1 December 2020 or later, download the installer for Geocomp Update N.
Refer to our Release Notes for more details.
After you install the update and restart Terramodel, enter GCHELP at the Terramodel command line. If GCHELP does not show the version as “Terramodel 10.61N”, enter TMCUSTOM at the command line, restart and try GCHELP again.
The current TML List describes the commands in Terramodel with Geocomp Update N. Commands marked in red have been updated since the release of Geocomp Update M. If you want the latest version of these commands or to determine the membership dates for your licences, please ask us. Your membership dates and licence numbers are also on the Customer Care Certificate that we post to your company when you renew Membership.
Unlike some older Updates, Geocomp Update N does not change your user-interface settings. This way you keep your Terramodel the way you have configured it.
If you want the full “Geocomp” experience, with new toolbar buttons, function keys and colours, use EDITINI command to import the Geocomp user-interface settings.
Installing Terramodel 10.61
If you have not installed Terramodel 10.61, first download and install Terramodel.
Modules and Membership
Most Terramodel commands require relevant modules on a valid Terramodel security key. Most Geocomp Update commands also require Customer Care Membership from Geocomp Systems.
New Geocomp Updates
Please check back here from time to time to look for new Geocomp Updates.