Create a solid building in Terramodel Visualizer from outline
How to create a solid building in Terramodel Visualizer from its plan outline
1. In a Terramodel project, select or create a layer for the building pipes (eg PIPELAYER).
2. Create a (closed) SET(eg block H) for the base of the building and give it a name (eg BUILDBASE)
3. Create 2 point vertical SET going from the base height (eg Z=5.0) to the top (eg Z=55.0) of the building and give it a name (eg SET buildhgt in the middle of the H)
5. Select SET BUILDBASE (r=3) as the cross section set
6. Select a pointlocation where the vertical SET will intersect the building SET (eg first point in SET buildhgt)
7. Select SET buildhgt(r=16) as the centreline SET
8. Click OK
9. Save project (eg EX-PIPE.PRO)
10. Use Notepad to create a GTT text file with the same name as the project(eg EX-PIPE.GTT)
11. Add the following line to the GTT file:
PIPE 1.0 4 PIPELAYER buildhgt
12. Save the GTT file.
13. In Terravista, create a new project then add this project file to it.
14. Click the Pipe Toolbar Icon to turn on PIPES (and also SETS if required)
What can you use it for? Buildings, Locks, Wharfs, Jetties , Bunds, Pipelines etc.
How to create pipe in Terramodel Visualizer
To see a pipeline, around the building plan SET, add the following line to the GTT file:
PIPE 2.0 10 PIPELAYER BUILDBASE
This will create a Terramodel Visualizer PIPE around the SET BUILDBASE that has a radius of 2.0 and 10 sides (to make it look round).
Save the GTT file then reload the Terramodel Visualizer project.