Point clouds for everyone
Imagine this. You have haven’t got a laser scanner but you do have a camera. You have seen wonderful 3D images and point clouds created by specialist companies and you wonder if you could ever have the skills or cash flow to create such a thing for your clients. And if you could, what practical application would you have for them?
With PhotoScan software, photos, and your computer, you could:
- Create and edit coloured point clouds
- Survey complex shapes
- Create terrain models
- Create your own georeferenced aerial photos with a UAV
- Measure distances, areas and volumes
- Coordinate the data to control points
- Write your own Python scripts to control the processing
- Transform the colours for easier interpretation
- Create realistic detailed models of any size: roads, buildings, people, industrial design, games.
- Show a model move and change over time
- Export to Terramodel, CAD, Google Earth, SketchUp, and more.